Become part of the Bellpiggins family
Guardian homes required
At Bellpiggins we believe that every dog deserves to have a loving, forever home. All of our dogs are part of our family and live in our home. We don’t kennel our dogs outside, so we know they are getting as much love and attention as possible. Because of this we have decided to offer a Guardian Home Program.
A Guardian Home is a permanent home for one of our breeding males or females.
Becoming a Guardian Home gives you the opportunity to have one of our puppies or adults as a family pet. Rather than buying this dog we place the dog with you and you they are part of your family. The dog remains in our breeding program until the end of his/her breeding career (5 - 6 litters or up to the age of 6 for females & up to the age of 8 for males). Bellpiggins will retain ALL legal ownership and breeding rights. We reserve the right to cancel our guardianship program at any time if we deem it necessary. Once retired, he/she will be neutered/spayed at our expense and returned back to you permanently.
If you are a Guardian for one of our females you will be compensated $50/puppy to a maximum of $300/litter once her puppies go home. You are welcome to schedule a visit while she is with us and play with the puppies!
As a Guardian Home you will be required to pay for the everyday expenses of owning a dog including annual exams, vet bills, vaccines, food, etc. We will pay for all breeding related costs including health testing.
Becoming a Guardian Home is not for everyone. You MUST be willing and able to follow these requirements:
* Have previous experience with dogs.
* Be willing to teach basic commands such as sit, stay, lay-down, and leave it.
* Be willing to socialize puppies/dogs. This is very important!
* He/She must be an indoor pet and never left unattended outside.
* Feed a premium, quality food.
* All other dogs in the home MUST be fixed if they are the opposite sex.
* Provide regular exercise.
* Willing to let us, the breeder, visit your home.
* Contact Breeder immediately in the event of a serious illness or accident.
* Send a copy of all vet visits to Breeder.
* Must not allow he/she to mate with any unapproved dogs.
* Provide veterinary care when needed.
* If you are a guardian for a female dog, you must be willing to drop her off for up to 1-2 weeks while she is bred. Then drop her back off 3 days prior to her whelping date. She will stay with us until the puppies are weaned and then you will collect her.
* If you are a guardian for a male dog, you must be willing to drop him off for 3-5 days for breedings unless arrangements are made ahead of time for us to pick him up. You will collect him once completed.
* Be able to communicate with us, the breeder, about scheduling testing, mating, whelping, and anything else breeding related.
* Live within reasonable driving distance of breeder.
* If at any point you spay/neuter unnecessarily then you forfeit the agreement and the cost of the dog will be paid to the breeder.
If you are interested in becoming a Guardian Home for one of our dogs please message me. We look forward to hearing from you!
Available for Guardianship:
Red Tri female
Large toy size
Born June 2021
Black Bi female
Large mini/small standard size
Born December 2021
Black Tri male
Medium toy size
Born October 2017
Contact us for more info!